Thursday, June 28, 2012
I arrived in Buenos Aires on Sunday at 10:30 a.m. I was taken to the home of Gloria Haber on Armenia street by a car arranged by the school, Ecela.
I met Gloria and Noélani. Noélani is another Ecela student who also lives with Gloria -- at least for this week. She leaves on Sunday for Chile. Gloria has two grown children, a son and a daughter, and 3 grandchildren. Noé is similar in age to me and has a 10 year-old son. Amazing to travel to the bottom of the earth and find someone else doing something similar to myself.
Gloria fed us a delicious lunch of hamburger patties with cheese melted on top, fried slices of potatoes and salad with avocado, onion, and tomatoe. I'm finding that salad with lettuce, tomatoes and onions is a fairly common food here.
I was pretty tired from the 10.5 hour plane trip from Houston, the 9 hour layover before that and the 2 hour plane trip from Phoenix so I took a nap. When I woke up, we had dinner. Then Gloria took us out to show us where to catch the 152 bus to Ecela, our Spanish language school here is BA. The bus is called "el collectivo."
No comments:
Post a Comment