Yesterday I went to church in the morning. The ward I attended was Palermo Barrio. I met some people from the embassy so I ended up speaking too much English and too little Spanish. Afterwards I met up with Tiffany and we walked to San Telmo to meet up with the rest of the group at the street market they have there on Sundays. I found out this afternoon that there is a market on Saturdays near the Recoleta cemetary (another tourist destination).
Buenos Aires is divided into neighborhoods. I live in Palermo and go to school in Recoleta. It takes me a little more than a half hour to walk. It took me longer last week because I went down the main street, Santa Fe, and the foot traffic and car traffic is so heavy that it was terrible. I went down the next street over, Arenales today and it was SO much easier -- probably a shorter walk, too, because the streets curve.
On the way to San Telmo we passed the Casa Rosada -- the home of the nation's president. Was she in there, do you think? On the way home we passed by it again and it was dark.
Monday, July 2, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2012
(17)
-
▼
July
(13)
- I had a lot of pictures to post from my visit to E...
- This weekend I took a boat across the river to Mon...
- Last weekend was 9 de Julio, the Argentine indepen...
- Last weekend I got wanted to learn the subwa...
- Yesterday I was walking along and I spotted ...
- I took this picture to help me remember the verb...
- This is our Spanish language group from Thund...
- Tango group at the open air market. Sorry, it i...
- Okay, one more with the photos of the buildings an...
- I had to stop to go eat dinner. Yo cené. Gloria ha...
- Here are some pictures from the open air market at...
- Yesterday I went to church in the morning. The war...
-
▼
July
(13)
No comments:
Post a Comment