Sunday, July 22, 2012

I had a lot of pictures to post from my visit to El Tigre yesterday. El Tigre is a town just outside of Buenos Aires. It is built on a delta, I guess. The houses are mostly summer and weekend residencies. I took a bunch of cool pictures, but I seem to have deleted them in the process of trying to upload them onto my computer. Bummer! Oh, well. I got some pictures from Google images, so you can at least get the idea.

The houses at el Tigre are all built raised up on stilts or blocks of some type to allow for high water. It looked like a very nice way to spend a vacation. The people who live there have everything from canoes and other types of row boats to speed boats. I took a picture of a guy in a boat that was very similar to the boat my dad used for fishing. (I wanted to post it here for you dad.) There are public boat buses, also.

Here is a picture of a bus boat:


I went by bus to El Tigre along the way we stopped and visited a cathedral, San Isidro, which I enjoyed. I took pictures of the paintings, sculptures and stained glass. It was beautiful.




At El Tigre we ate lunch at a great restaurant. The steaks were the cut they call bife chorizo, which is basically a thick, juicy steak. I met the rest of my group. There were two couples from Brazil and a family from Paraguay. I got to practice a lot of Spanish, but one of the guys from Brazil spoke English so he helped me out when I had trouble understanding.







After lunch we visited the outside of an art museum. The building was amazing and there were several cool sculptures. Then we hopped on a boat for a 3-hour tour. Just kidding. It was a 90-minute tour around the delta and out to Buenos Aires. So, we returned to BA by boat. It was great circling the city at sunset. It was a nice trip. I exchanged email addresses with Michele, one of the people from Brazil.




Unfortunately for me, I have got a bad cold and don't have any EmergenC. They don't seem to have anything like it here. I did get some Vitamin C powder but I don't think it has nearly enough vitamins in it to do the trick for me. By the end of the trip to El Tigre yesterday I was exhausted and my cold was coming on with a vengence.

I'm spending today in bed hoping that I'll feel better tomorrow.

No comments: